Votre navigateur est obsolète !
Pour une expériencenet et une sécurité optimale, mettez à jour votre navigateur. Mettre à jour maintenant
I grew up with two important father figures : a giant beta camera and Jurassic Park toys.
Through those you can see my entire life: the fascination of small monsters and this huge device, more than half my size, which could record everything I saw.
When I was 11, I got 'Lego Studio' a Lego movie set with its own mini-camera and mini-editing software. This was the start of so many stop-motion animations that I continue today.
Every morning before going to school, at the age of 13, I watched a film. I got up two hours before the classes began and before getting some instruction, I educated myself with Polanski, Spielberg, Weir, Kubrick, Lynch - to name but a few - for more than four years.
14 years old: I film everything. My friends, my dog, my parents, the sea, the sky, the moon, legos... I begin to build my own short-stories with my friends and what comes handy. In eight grade I co-direct with three classmates a 14minutes documentary about the Shoah.
I went for a scientific high school diploma. But, even though I have a real fascination for science, my grades doesn't hold up. I try to make up for my non-scholar mind in going regularly to a film workshop where we experiment video art. With the firm intention of doing things my way, and while discovering Kubrick's cinema, I decide to make a 50minutes film with some classmate and my own equipment. We then set up a paying screening which attracted some 200 viewers.
I did it again in twelfth grade with a second 50minute long film, the same year I would pass my high school diploma in science (baccalauréat S). The film, called Baccalauréat, is about the insecurities and self-estime issues with teenagers and got an article in the french magazine Marianne.
My high school diploma in hands, I went to Paris VIII university to follow a bachelor in philosophy with a minor on film studies. As I always dreamt of an open education in a humanist way, I certainly got what I wanted.
During the summer with my old high school classmates, we create a film society to help teenagers between the ages of 15 and 25 to make films, animations and music (in direct relation with cinema). I'm appointed president.
During the second semester of my first college year I became politicly engaged in a strike against french law LRU which could result to ending such curriculum as philosophy & cinema.
At 21 I was giving my first classes at University (What is cinema). Two years later I flew to New York to learn about cinematography at Brooklyn College.
Today I have directed more than 30 short films and 150+ corporate videos, commercials, music videos and I'm embarking on a journey to direct my first feature documentary.
La Maison des Scénaristes
Since January 2015
- Selected at the 69th Cannes Film Festival by La Maison des Scénaristes
Since March 2016
- Teaching editing workshops to young kids and adults
CRESCENDO - ART
Since July 2015
- Directing a music video for Mathieu Salama's interpretation of Cold Song.
- Directing a teaser for Mathieu Salama's upcoming concerts.
- Recording images for an upcoming documentary about a French organization tearing apart prejudices with youth.
- Editing a demo-reel for the documentary.
to December 2014
- Directing, filming and color grading corporate videos for clients such as: ADP, Geico, Hooters, Great Clips...
Collaborate Ideas & Images
to September 2014
- Editing a feature documentary (52min) on L.A.C.E.S. a soccer initiative in post civil war Liberia.
Collaborate Ideas & Images
to August 2014
- Editing, color grading and mixing three episodes of The World Cup Project, a tv-series about the Soccer World Cup
to May 2014
- Directing, editing and color grading music video shot on 16mm film stock for the single Black Feather Angels.
Crop The Block
- Directing Baby Got His Gun a fictional short-feature about french street Rue Mouffetard for a virtual video map of Paris created by Crop The Block.
Fundme.fr & Challenges
to April 2013
- Filming and editing 22 pitchs for the french economic magazine Challenges.
Since October 2012
- Director & editor for stop-motion music video of the single : 'the dreamer' by DAäRi --> http://dai.ly/x11412i
to July 2013
- Directing and editing 72 corporate videos for FundMe.fr
to January 2013
- Video recording and editing events.
- In charge of a WebTv for three weeks.
to June 2013
- Choosing and introducing movies.
- Organizing debates about the movies.
- Editing a clip about QU QIANMEI
- Student Jury member during the 13th European film festival in Essonne.
- Watching all ten long-feature film in competiton, debating and giving the 2011 Student price.
Lizard's Pride Pictures
to June 2013
- Creating and registering the association.
- Choosing and maintaining follow-up on film projects.
to August 2011
- Directing a documentary about the filming of "Un Bonheur n'arrive jamais seul" by James Huth.
UNIVERSITÉ DE PARIS VIII
to May 2011
- Philosophic analysis of cinematographic fictions.
PRO. HIGH SCHOOL LOUIS-ARMAND
to May 2011
- Helping and teaching students to write a short-feature script.
- Helping students with the video equipments.
- Support the students in shooting and editing the short-feature.
to July 2010
- Editing a teaser for a video clip.
- Editing a video clip + color calibration.
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS VIII
to June 2010
- Philosophic analysis of cinematographic documentaries.
- Help in programming.
- Translation and french subtitling Jean-Luc Godard "British Sounds"
French - mother tongue (written & spoken)
English - fluent (written & spoken)
- 108/120 test TOEFL
Spanish - basic (written & spoken)
Italian - basic (written)
Final cut Pro 7
Since August 2013
Négociné Jury Grand Prize for The End of The World (2011).
Université de Paris VIII
to January 2012
Cum Laude Distinction