- Cell Phone
- Contact me Contact Form
Where do I come from?I grew up with two important father figures, my father's video camera he often took home after reporting around the world for France 2, and the Jurassic Park toys from McDonald's Happy Meals I could found in kindergarten.
And through that you can see my entire life: the fascination of small monsters you could transform in ordinary shapes and this huge device, more than half my size, which could record everything I saw.
When I was 11, I got 'Lego Studio' a Lego movie set with its own mini-camera and mini-editing software. All my stop-motion learning come from here as I worked on a set cut out for my size.
Every morning before going to school, at the age of 13, I watched a film. I got up two hours before the classes began and before getting some instruction, I educated myself with Polanski, Spielberg, Weir, Kubrick, Lynch - to name but a few - for more than four years.
14 years old: I film everything. My friends, my dog, my parents, the sea, the sky, the moon, legos... I begin to build my own short-stories with my friends and what comes handy. In eight grade I co-direct with three classmates a 14minutes documentary about the Shoah.
I went for a scientific high school diploma. But, even though I have a real fascination for science, my grades doesn't hold up. I try to make up for my non-scholar mind in going regularly to a film workshop where we experiment video art. With the firm intention of doing things my way, and while discovering Kubrick's cinema, I decide to make a 50minutes film with some classmate and my own equipment. We then set up a paying screening which attracted some 150 viewers.
I did it again in twelfth grade with a second 50minute long feature, the same year I would pass my high school diploma in science (baccalauréat S). The film, called Baccalauréat, is about the insecurities and self-estime issues with teenagers and got an article in the french magazine Marianne.
My high school diploma in hands, I go to Paris VIII university to follow a bachelor in philosophy with a minor on film studies. As I always dreamt of an open education in a humanist way, I certainly got what I wanted.
During the summer with my old high school classmates, we create a film association to help teenagers between the ages of 15 and 25 to make films, animations and music (in direct relation with cinema). I'm appointed president.
During the second semester of my first college year I became politicly engaged in a strike against french law LRU which could result to ending such curriculum as philosophy & cinema. I direct lots of short reports and experimental short-features mostly with "la Ronde Infinie des Obstiné(e)s" a teacher's movement that lasted for three month.
That's how, at the age of 21, on my third college year, as I directed ten short-features and lots of other videos, I came to give a semestrial course in Paris VIII about a question I always asked myself: what is cinema?
Now that I am 23, 16 short-features behind me, a second film association created about experimenting in fiction, and moving to Brooklyn to study filmmaking, I strive for becoming part of an established production company, and finally direct professional features with people as passionate about film as I always have been.
Crop The Block - Paris - France(Freelancer - May 2013 - May 2013)
- Directing Baby Got His Gun a fictional short-feature about french street Rue Mouffetard for a virtual video map of Paris created by Crop The Block.
Fundme.fr & Challenges - Paris - France(Freelancer - March 2013 - April 2013)
- Filming and editing 22 pitchs for the french economic magazine Challenges.
Collectif Prod - Paris - France(Freelancer - March 2013 - April 2013)
- Filming two 2hours conferences delivered RFB. First one about script breakdown, second one about entertainment worker in France.
DAäRi (band) - Paris - France(Freelancer - Since October 2012)
- Director & editor for a stop-motion musical clip of the single : 'the dreamer' by DAäRi --> http://dai.ly/x11412i
FundMe - Paris - France(Freelancer - September 2012 - July 2013)
- Directing and editing 72 corporate videos for FundMe.fr
Lagardère active - Levallois-Perret - France(Internship - November 2012 - January 2013)
- Vide recording and editing events.
- In charge of a WebTv for three weeks.
Mix'âges - Paris - France(Volunteer Work - November 2012 - June 2013)
- Choosing and introducing movies.
- Organizing debates about the movies.
Luxèse - Paris - France(Freelancer - May 2012 - May 2012)
- Editing a clip about QU QIANMEI
Cinessonne - Saint-Michel sur Orge - France(November 2011 - November 2011)
- Student Jury member during the 13th European film festival in Essonne.
- Watching all ten long-feature film in competiton, debating and giving the 2011 Student price.
Lizard's Pride Pictures - Paris - France(Student Project - July 2011 - June 2013)
- Creating and registering the association.
- Choosing and maintaining follow-up on film projects.
ESKWAD - Paris - New York, NY - United States(Part-time - May 2011 - August 2011)
- Directing a documentary about the filming of "Un Bonheur n'arrive jamais seul" by James Huth.
UNIVERSITÉ DE PARIS VIII - Saint-Denis - France(Internship - January 2011 - May 2011)
- Philosophic analysis of cinematographic fictions.
PRO. HIGH SCHOOL LOUIS-ARMAND - Paris - France(Freelancer - September 2010 - May 2011)
- Helping and teaching students to write a short-feature script.
- Helping students with the video equipments.
- Support the students in shooting and editing the short-feature.
ELIKIA RECORDS - Paris - France(Freelancer - June 2010 - July 2010)
- Editing a teaser for a video clip.
- Editing a video clip + color calibration.
UNIVERSITÉ PARIS VIII - Saint-Denis - France(Internship - October 2009 - June 2010)
- Philosophic analysis of cinematographic documentaries.
- Help in programming.
- Translation and french subtitling Jean-Luc Godard "British Sounds"
- French - mother tongue (written & spoken)
- English - fluent (written & spoken)
- 108/120 test TOEFL
- Spanish - basic (written & spoken)
- Italian - basic (written)
- Final cut Pro 7
- iMovie HD
- Sound Boomer
Negocia (April 2012 - April 2012)
- Négociné Jury Grand Prize for The End of The World (2011).
Université de Paris VIII (September 2008 - January 2012)
- Cum Laude Distinction
Lycée Buffon (September 2005 - June 2008)
- Science with a minor in film studies.